Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Madness is here!!!


The most exciting day in sports is finally upon us...


For the next 4 days, college hoops fans are kicking their St. Patty's Day hangover to the curb in favor of hours upon hours of upsets, buzzer beaters and 65 teams in pursuit of the NCAA National Championship...and no sight of North Carolina


Lets take a look at the brackets...


In the South region...my Dukies look to have the easiest path to the Final 4...no WVU, no Ohio State, no problem..if they can get past Louisville in the 2nd round you can all but lock in their ticket to Indy...I do see #13 Seina making a run to the sweet 16 taking down Robbie Hummell-less Purdue and Texas A&M...I've got a rematch of Nova-Duke in the elite 8..but this is Duke's bracket to lose...


In the East region, Kentucky may be young and inexperienced in the tournament, but I see them having no trouble getting to the Final Four..John Wall can take over the game at any given time and that spells nothing but T-R-O-U-B-L-E for anyone they play...As far as upsets go in the East..I see Washington over Marquette in a tight one (because Marquette only knows how to play close games) , and Cornell taking down Temple...I got Kentucky over West Virginia in the elite 8...





Heading on over to the other side of the bracket and the West region..I feel that this Syracuse team is going to run away with this part of the bracket...Wesley Johnson may be their best player, but Andy Rautins is by far their most important stud..I do have another cinderella team reaching the sweet 16 and that would be 30-4 Murray State...I'm taking the 'Cuse over Kansas State in the elite 8...


Last but not least. we've got the Midwest bracket that lays claim to the consensual favorite in the tournament and that would be Kansas...Hell, even President Obama feels that these guys will go all the way...they are the most complete team in the tournament, but hey..what's March Madness without the upsets?...I've got Evan Turner and Ohio State beating the Jayhawks in the elite 8...Even though I don't think they'll win it all..Mark my words..this tournament will be Evan Turner's coming out party...




So that leaves my final four looking like Kentucky vs. Duke and Syracuse vs Ohio State...Duke's leadership will overcome the inexperience of Kentucky and Cuse will take it to Ohio State..
Duke vs Syracuse in the finals...Dukies will be cutting down the nets when it's all said and done...there you have it ladies and gentlemen..

Keep following along with me throughout the tournament as I will be voicing my opinions on each and every day of action until the final buzzer...To all those who filled out brackets, I wish you the best of luck..because we will surely all need it..don't get your bracket busted by the end of tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment